Saturday, August 15, 2009

Les Fenetres

This is the equation for spaceship reentry:
I have no idea what the fuck any of that means either but, if I've seen my Apollo 13 correctly, and I think I have, upon reentry a spacecraft has to hit the equivalent of the side of the edge of a sheet of paper at a speed and angle such that if it is too fast it will skip off the atmosphere like a stone on a pond into space forever, and if it is too slow it will incinerate.

Ironically, (actually I don't know if this would be considered "ironic" at all, but I do know that the ladies loves my irony...I type in "ironic" and knockity knock-knock oh what's that, the door? ...oooooooooohh, well HELL-o sexy little bitches, come on in!!!!) the same thinking goes into judging the exact correct time to put a kid down for his fucking nap. Put him down too early before he's tired and he will simply lay there for a while until he gets bored, he's working his mind into a bit of whirl wondering why the fuck he's in bed, then starts bitching for you to come get him, and you will be without a nap for that afternoon. Likewise, if you wait too long, you will have skipped over the time when he's willing to go to sleep and he will have entered into a grouchy, obstinate fuck-you-I'm keeping-my-lids-open-with-Scotch-tape stage, highlighted by the ol "I am literally screaming and crying for the sole purpose of keeping myself awake to make you miserable" move.

Just like angle and speed with orbital reentry, you hafta nail the small space of time for the nap, or the result will be catastrophe. I call this opening "The Window."

No comments: