Thursday, August 27, 2009

Mad Men

The House Next Door:
The push-pull over the Patio ad campaign is a reminder that this show could very easily be the best workplace drama on TV if it really wanted to. It’s just interested in different things.

The writer of this post seems pleased that it's "just interested in different thing;" as I've been saying for two years now, I want more machiavellian office shit to watch.
My problem with Mad Men is I don't care about any of the shit outside of the office. I like it in the office - the dealings, the shadiness, the snapping etc. Plus, it lends itself best to the colors and decor that we like to look at re: the 1960s.

I don't care about the wives, the homes, whatever. Yes, I know they're supposed to be a way of showing us more of the main characters' depth etc, but who cares. Just gimme office scenes! Plus, it seems like all these ancillary characters are just reasons to show different types of neuroses. Gee, housewives get bored? REEEEEEEEEEEALLY???!!?!! You can't just have a normal housewife; no, it's gotta be housewife who does things like inexplicably breaking a dining room table in the middle of the day. Camon.

MORE OFFICE STUFF!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The ad campaigns are boring as shit. Still the most overrated show on television.