Saturday, September 26, 2009

Compromise

Matt Yglesias HERE.
As Steve Benen says the bigger issue is going to be whether or not people like what they see after a new program is implemented. Nobody is going to say “this bill sucks, but I appreciate that the reason it sucks is compromises made in order to please George Voinovich which was a course of action I approved of at the time, so therefore I can’t complain.” How many people even know who George Voinovich is?
Pretty much word for word what I wrote HERE.
Hey, I'm sure back when they were deciding it, somebody voted against having the government keep an active army. Yet when we're attacked these days, we think "gee, it's sure handy to have an army ready to go." Nobody thinks "yeah, it's okay; I just wish everybody had been more bi-partisan in setting our army up, you know?"
People preferring Congress playing nice-nice with each other over Congress actually enriching their lives is a pretty amazingly dumb thing. And kinda stunning.

No comments: