Tuesday, September 15, 2009

DAAAAAA Wing

Somehow I fel like this passage from The West Wing ties into both of my last two posts. Hmm. The universe, eh?

DONNA Out in the parking lot when you said it's Monday, I flashed on the song. A few days ago, someone told me that a girl shot up her school one morning and we they asked her why, she said, "I don't like Mondays," and that's where the song comes from.
JOSH Yeah.
DONNA You knew that?
JOSH Yeah.
DONNA That's where the song comes from?
JOSH Yeah.
DONNA I'm sorry about the time zones.
JOSH Why is it we cite Ritchie's advisors by name? The Milton Friedman economic plan? The Leonard Tynan education plan?
TOBY I give credit where credit's due.
JOSH It's our way of calling him a puppet, right?
TOBY Josh, he cites them more then we do, which is his way of saying, "I want to be President the same way you want a cold beer."
JOSH No. It's his way of saying, "I think it's great that Bartlet's a Nobel Prize winner. When I'm elected, I'm going to hire me some of those."
TOBY No, no. Should be what he's saying. What he's saying is, "Eastern education isn't for real men, but don't worry. I'll have Jews for the money stuff." You mind calling C.J. for me?
JOSH That line from the convention speech-- "challenges too great for a Potemkin presidency?"
TOBY It is true.
JOSH Most people weren't the smartest kid in the class. Most people didn't like the smartest kid in the class.
TOBY Yeah?
JOSH I don't care how subliminal it is. This can't be a national therapy session.

No comments: