Thursday, September 17, 2009

Joe Sestak

This guy just popped up on my tv. He's Joe Sestak, a Congressman from Pennsylvania, whose name for some reason reminds me of Charlie Brown's favorite baseball player, whose name escapes me at this moment. Anyway, I was about to flip away when I heard him being introduced as "the highest ranking former military officer ever to be a Congressman." Which seemed wildly impressive to me, so I went to his Wikipedia site.

Turns out that as a 2-Star Admiral in the Navy he's the highest ranking officer CURRENTLY in Congress. Still, pretty fucking impressive. Also, his last name is an anagram for "steaks," which is VERY impressive. Turns out he has an 8 year-old daughter who is a brain cancer survivor, which has played a part in his views on healthcare:
Congressman Sestak credits his support for health care reform as a "payback" to the country that provided him and his family health care while he was in the Navy, especially for treating his daughter's brain tumor.
Gee. What a nice thought. If only there was another Naval officer to whom this thought might occur....

1 comment:

Kiko Jones said...

Nailed it, X.