Wednesday, September 30, 2009

We're All Scholars Now (grit teeth, fume)

Earlier this morning I was laughing at THIS nonsense. Hmm. Yeah, if there's one thing America is, it's crowded with people who spend a lot of time studying the Constitution, to the point up risking career, family, and death in the event that, of all people, the President, does not adhere to it vis-a-vis their own what I'm sure is highly enlightened personal standard. Including, of course, the Army, which prides itself on doing exactly what it's told without a whole lot of thought.

But no, we're all Constitutional scholars all of a sudden. Of course. Makes perfect sense.

And tonight, I can't even skate by FOX News on my way to my new slice Pawn Wars without having to hear about people screaming that the 1000-page healthcare bill be made available online for them to peruse. Hmm. Yes, cause I'm we're all familiar with the language that makes up a congressional bill, right? Of course. Also, and I don't wanna sound like an elitist here,I did go to "The Harvard on the Appomattox," but are these really the people that are used to reading 1000-page books? (and no, reading Angel in Black: Remembering Dale Earnhardt Sr.  83 times doesn't count, sorry) I mean, I noticed the whole Atlas Shrugged revolution ran outta steam once everybody realized it was a 5-inch thick book that doesn't have a single picture of a map in it. Camon. I gotta feeling that if you looked up who leads the league in not reading books but all of a sudden is demanding that the 1000-page bill be online for him to analyze, you'd find this guy.


1 comment:

Kiko Jones said...

...and they say that Cardinals fans are the most gentlemanly of all...