Sunday, October 11, 2009

Don't Ask, Don't Smell My Finger

I would think that being in the middle of at least two wars and chomping at the bit for more would be the exact WRONG time for a military to start telling it's own soldiers that if they tell people what everybody already knows and doesn't care about then they'll get the boot, therein weakening that military at the exact time it needs strengthening. In absolute peacetime when everybody's sitting around eating pork chop truffle slurpees and breaking down Huey Lewis & the News lyrics you can be a little pickier about who you let in your army, but if you're trying to be an empire and rule the world I would think you'd hafta be thankful for anybody willing to serve. And so it's amazing to me that gay people are willing to be in our military even while hearing thing such as Richard Myers on Meet the Press this morning:
"...gays can serve in the military; they just can’t serve openly. And they do. And there’s lots of them. And we’re the beneficiary of all that."
Like anyone else who watched it I guffawed and immediately thought "well, we benefited from slavery too, was that awesome?", but decided that was a bit over-the-top, so I didn't write that before posting. But I will let my good buddy Admiral Fitzwallace guest-blog the rest of this post. Hit it, Fitz:

2 comments:

The Gnat said...

You spelled "champing" wrong!

Xmastime said...

wasnt that just in Curb Your Enthusiasm???? whack! ;)