Saturday, November 07, 2009

I Guess The Shit's Always Sucked

Like anyone else, I like to spend a lot of time talking about how much popular music sucks compared to "back in my day." Then I see in Rolling Stone the Top 10 for this week in my senior year of high school, Nov. 1989:

1. Roxette - Listen to Your Heart
2. News Kids on the Block - Cover Girl
3. Janet Jackson - Miss You Much
4. Tears for Fears - Sowing the Seeds of Love
5. Bad English - When I See You Smile
6. Aerosmith - Love in an Elevator
7. Bobby Brown - Rock Wit'cha
8. Motely Crue - Dr. Feelgood
9. Paula Abdul - (It's Just) the Way That You Love Me
10. The B-52s - Love Shack

I wasn't listening to pop radio any more then than I do now, and I have no idea what the Top 10 is right now, but it's hard to believe it's much worse than that list. Good god, man.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That list is grounds for a sodomy charge.

Kiko Jones said...

I have no beef w/no.s 4, 8, and 10. Don't care for no.7, but I still like the album it came from.