Friday, November 06, 2009

The Rocker


Why can't I stop watching The Rocker over and over? Wtf?

I guess cause Rainn Wilson ("Fish") is so perfect in it. Hysterical, but, unlike Jack Black in School of Rock, very likable, you root for him and sympathize with him the whole way. The manager dude from SNL is funny. The guys in Vesuvius are hysterical, and Howard Hesseman's line about a hand sanitizer almost steals the movie. And they didn't cliché it out by having Wilson and Christina Applegate hook up in the end. And there's the whole they didn't get Will Ferrell thing. I'm hooked. Grrr.

Matt Gadman: Sorry, uncle Rob. Where we playing too loud?
Robert 'Fish' Fishman: Too loud is not in my vocabulary.

Kim: I just think that you might want to start to take it easy.
Robert 'Fish' Fishman: Take it easy? Thanks, The Eagles!

Curtis: I thought you were supposed to be the responsible adult.
Robert 'Fish' Fishman: Oh I'm responsible alright. Responsible for partying till my nuts catch fire!

Robert 'Fish' Fishman: It is never to late to rock n' roll!
Stan: Alright, alright. Come on guys, stage dive. Stage dive!
Robert 'Fish' Fishman: Stage dive!
Stan: Yeah, we'll body surf you out the front door.
Robert 'Fish' Fishman: Rock n' roll.
Robert 'Fish' Fishman: Rock n' roll.!! Ow ow ow, watch my carpal tunnel.

1 comment:

The Gnat said...

I liked this movie too a couple of nights ago, but I don't know if it was Emma Stone's ugly prettiness or Fish's kick ass demented clothing or the 10 beers that I used to soften its blow. But yes Vesuvius was populated by very funny actors.