Thursday, December 03, 2009

Christmas Cutz


Brothatime!! is always surprised my favorite Christmas slice is Little Drummer Boy. "Too depressing!" he says every year when this comes up. His slice is Holly Jolly Christmas. He likes his Xmas cutz a little peppier; I guess when it comes to Christmas songs he is Peter Leroy to my own Matthew Barber. Hell, even my number two slice Do They Know it's Christmas, while rocking, is depressing. I mean, no matter what, you can't get around the fact that the crux is "will you PLEASE cut a fucking check so these kids don't die?"

Ah well.

Anyways, this is a good time to remind everybody to go out and buy my second favorite Christmas album of all time, Marah's ridiculously awesome Christmas record. Buy it!!  :) Also, it has the best version of Holly Jolly Christmas I know of.

1 comment:

Kiko Jones said...

Always had a soft spot for The Pretenders' "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas"...and A Charlie Brown Christmas is tops in my book. (Used to love working/shopping at Tower Records while it played in the background. Ah...)