Monday, January 04, 2010

Joe! I Like You Now!!!!!!!

Over the past year or so you've surely heard of Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio, who has seemed desperate to win the "Disgruntled Small-Minded Racist Fuck" crown - so much so that apparently after watching Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino and knowing he needed to ratchet things up a notch, he wrote a book to reiterate how stupid he is, and make sure anybody who has eaten enough paint chips to buy the book is clear on how much he's not so crazy about non-whites flooding into his America. Obviously every time I've seen an article on this guy I've rolled my eyes, until now - now I gotta say I really like this dude, as it turns out that although he wrote the book Joe’s Law: America’s Toughest Sheriff Takes on Illegal Immigration, Drugs and Everything Else That Threatens America, he hasn't bothered to read it:
BODNEY: You were at least, according to the cover, listed as the lead author?
ARPAIO: Yes.
BODNEY: Does the book reflect yours views?
ARPAIO: Uhhh…I’m not sure to the best of my knowledge. I haven’t reviewed the book recently. In fact, I haven’t even read the book.

Why would such a thing catapault him into my good graces, you purr? Simple. A certain hero of mine said the exact same thing, so he's in great company now:
On being misquoted in his autobiography: "That was my fault. I should have read it before it came out."

No comments: