Wednesday, January 27, 2010

SOTU Response

The other day I wondered HERE how Bob McConnell will top Bobby Jindal in his State of the Union response, and today Matt Yglesias notes that he of course has to be a complete hypocrite, but that also that these responses are pretty worthless in the first place.

When did these things even start? Let the president have his night, and shut the fuck up - hey, maybe at the next wedding you go to you should take the altar after the ceremony and demand that the bride and groom don't belong together, or that YOU love YOUR spouse more and are a better couple? Who gives a shit? Let him play dress-up, say some nice words and hope that people forget the shit asap. Which, if you don't say a bunch of stupid stuff afterwards, they will.

I mean, I'm a pretty big fan of Obama's but I couldn't tell you a single thing he said from last year's "Address to Congress" speech if you held a gun to my head. Meanwhile, I can picture Bobby the Frog coming out of the Usher House cobwebs clear as a bell, and still crack up at how he at that moment buried his national political hopes.

They should drop this whole "response" crap, show the opposition party at a Hooters or something. "Oh, the president's on? Sorry, tonight is BH 90210 marathon night - ooooh, I fucking HATE Ray!!!!!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wassup brown sou?