Saturday, March 27, 2010

The Naked Chef with Kids

Jamie Oliver as the Naked Chef was one of my favorites back in the day when the Food Network was about chefs and not titties, so I tuned into his Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution show. It's a little depressing to see so many fat kids; I am probably of the last generation wherein it was a strange thing to have a really fat kid in class.

And while I've become a fat fuck, I have only done so because of my own choices as an adult, and not because some fat-ass old ladies in the kitchen didn't wanna do anything more than hit START on the microwave, or because we're all so eager to make the corn syrup people richer with every second. Sad to see these kids having no choice but eat crap that's guaranteed to endanger their health.

Also, I know it being a tv show means there has to be some drama, but I really don't know why his trying to get the kids to be fed healthy, fresh food would be met with resistance from the town. I know that as a parent you might be too harried to cook healthy meals at home, and are helpless to do much better than fast food etc most nights of the week. But if someone steps in and offers to do it for you, I would think that unless you own stock in Tyson's frozen chicken or chemical preservatives you'd be perfectly happy with the effort.

Dude's doing noble work. Too bad nobody else really is.

No comments: