Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Keeping It Real, Are We?

Speaking of things blocks from my house, I stumbled upon this place earlier this morning. Oh, how nice, I thought, a place to buy used books and records. Neat.

Of course, this being in Williamsburg, they don't open til twelve. Then I saw the sign.

Of course. Only in this neighborhood can some people get together to create a perfectly pleasant shop for people to buy used books and decide that since they're Bard-educated elitist trust fund assholes, they need to up their street cred by calling it "Book Thug Nation" with that particular menacing font. Of course if a black dude walked in with a doo-rag on his head the entire staff would collapse onto the ground with their eyes rolling in the back of their heads, but hey, I'm sure they voted for Obama, so that's cool.

"Where ya going?"
"Book Thug Nation."
"OOooooh Cubby, you're so REAL!!!!!!!"

No comments: