Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Obama WHCD Speech

ANDTHEEND has the Obama White House Correspondents' Speech, and I gotta say, he fucking kills. I mean, George Bush seems funny, but only in a "hey, look at the fat chick that just walked in" kinda way. For Obama to basically pull off 20 minutes of stand up (nobody's suggesting he wrote it, of course) is incredible. Will be cute to see how the GOP handles him reading notes, and not "working off the teleprompter.' Also, and I don't know if it's how the place is mic'd, but the crowd sound fucking dead. I mean, Dane Cook apparently usually has had an audience tanked up on cold gin roaring at everything; meanwhile Obama was fucking killing it, and from what I can hear, the audience was tepid. Notes:

Axelrod + Krispy Kreme. Okay, now I'm fucking listening.

The Leno/Conan bit killed.

Notorious GOP. Dying.

"My brotha!"  yes!

Adios amigos!  McCain line. Perfect pitch. Would "muchachos" have been funnier?

Mitt Romney line. Nailed it.

Jersey Shore!  unbelievable.

Eric Massa!  Pun intended!!!!

No comments: