Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Story

of Life is a Problem, song by song.
Me, Serge and Christine made “AOD!” (we wrote it, recorded it, mixed it and designed the whole thing to help push our live band to a rare an amazing place). We changed our lives to make it. Christine left another great band to come be a part of ours; she struggled hard with that decision. I got sober after years of being a fuck up. Serge wrote “Wilderness.”
After losing our recording equipment in the aforementioned “break-up heist” on the eve of our last full-length release, the next year was a hard one…. I dreamed of all the different records I wanted to make but couldn’t. I sat around, I drank box wine, I gave up my cell-phone, I blamed various people for my misfortune, I upped the dosage of antidepressants, I joined Netflix, I watched 5-disc Ken Burns documentaries.

No comments: