Friday, July 30, 2010

November

I have no idea if the odds of the GOP winning back power in Congress in November are as much of a no-brainer as the media wants you to think, although I do feel there are certainly enough incredibly stupid people nostalgic for a return to the Great Depression table-setting years of the Bush administration; much like when I was a child and couldn't sleep unless I had gotten a whuppin' that day, apparently people are not totally happy unless they can give as much of their money to billionaires as possible.

But I will say this: I greatly look forward to the GOP's first day in power when something called "obsructionism" will be invented, as Republican after Republican hurl themselves onto the ground in faux frustration declaring Democrats to be terrorists for clogging up the hallowed halls of legislation with the just-invented "filibusters" and "60 vote majority." Their incredulity will be amazing to watch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah I guess we haven't heard the last of "really?....really?"