Tuesday, July 20, 2010

That's What She Said

Check out Xmastime buddy Christine (Lil' Brah) Smith HERE ON NPR's "Hey Ladies Project."
About The 'Hey Ladies' Project:
We asked hundreds of women working as musicians to tell us what it’s like right now: the good, the bad and the same as it ever was.
I've been in bands since I was 14 and I've always been accused of being the girlfriend of someone, anyone of the guys in the band. At times, I have found that to be extremely insulting (wait, I'm in the band because I'm a great musician, not because I'm someone's girlfriend!). There have been times when I wish I was a guy (tragic, isn't it?) But the trick is, you can't let it get to you. And this, like everything else, gets easier with age. Be proud. Protect your reputation. Musicianship should transcend gender.


No comments: