Wednesday, August 04, 2010

John Hughes Week Continues

The Honeymoon Was Over Real Quick
GIOVANNETTI: John wanted to cut the film in Chicago, and the studio wanted him to cut the film in L.A. That pissed him off. They just would not leave him alone.
HUGHES: Universal was threatening to shut me down. Sixteen Candles [had been released] and it wasn't a hit, and the honeymoon was over real quick. "Wrap that goddamn movie up and bring it back here!" I was really bothered that I had to move my children to California and put them in new schools, uproot my wife. I had this terrible feeling that if we went out there, I didn't know how we would get back. Everything changes.
NELSON: We finished a day or two early. It was weird. There was nothing left to shoot, but it felt like we weren't done. But we were.
HUGHES: We shot the last scene on the last day.
MANNING: There was something about being outdoors, out of the comfort of that room. There was a finality to it.
SHEEDY: John gave us each a piece of the banister from the library. I still have this little piece of wood.
HUGHES: When that movie came to an end, I was heartbroken. We did Judd walking off into the distance, and he just kept walking. I got into my car and drove away. 

No comments: