Monday, August 16, 2010

Mike Campbell Likes Little Boys, Might Be Pedobear

Tom Petty's not a band I particularly like or dislike, as I say HERE there are plenty of piss breaks in a Petty set, but THIS is a nice story about a 14 year-old kid who built a guitar for Mike Campbell and then got to watch him play it at a show.
So what did I pick up that night? I picked up an amazing, ear-numbing concert. I picked up seeing my guitar played onstage by Mike Campbell, in front of 25,000 people. But something I will never let go is a friendship with the most powerful, cool and kind guitarist, whom I will continue to look up to for the rest of my life.
On a side note, I like the kid's energy but cannot get behind his theorem that Refugee is "the most powerful song ever."

Ah, well. Kids!  ;)

No comments: