Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Bananarama. Or Whothefuckever Covered It When I Was a Kid.

Moi ICI:
It's amazing to me that the sun is 93 MILLION miles away from the Earth, yet something like the mere tilting of the Earth's axis can account for a swing in temperature of like 75 degrees. What the fuck. I would guess this would be akin to standing 10 feet away from a fire with your hold your arm out, fist clenched. Then extending a finger, and noticing a huge difference in temperature,
and ICI:
I don't really get Charlie, or people like him - despite a fact such as there is a star that is so powerful it warms us even tho it's 93 million miles away, he puts the odds of a conflux of events in nature resulting in an overall global warming at exactly 0%; yet also according to him and his ilk the odds that some barefoot dudes living in caves on the other side of the globe whose main talent seems to be climbing monkey bars are capable of wiping America off the planet at any second are 100%. Hmm.
And then tonight I walked out of my apartment and saw Venus. Incredible. I can't see you if you're standing 15 feet in front of me waving a sack of bacon titties, and yet I can lay my eyes on something that is a hundred million miles away.

The universe. It's trippy, brah.

No comments: