Thursday, September 02, 2010

Junction Boys.

Watching The Junction Boys reminds me of the difference between myself and Brothatime!! when we were kids.

Brothatime!! would've welcomed the Bear. He'd have taken the Bear's masochistic tendencies and asked for more - beaten to a pulp in 100 degree heat? "Fuck you, Coach, I'll take it plus some more!!" he would've said. He had a mental toughness you only read about.

I never had that. From day one, I would've been whining about the heat, desperate to hold myself out due to some little injury or what not. I'd have been one of those crybabies running away in the middle of the night.

That's the difference between success and failure. Brothatime!! would've stuck it out and become a great football player just so he could shove it in the Bear's face. Me, I would've pussied out a long time before. I'd have talked myself into "gee, to be an English major, I can't have Bear Bryant breathing down my neck."

Grrrr. Fucking christ.

No comments: