Tuesday, September 28, 2010

More Lottery

Right on cue, after talking about the futility of playing the lottery I hafta see THIS GUY:
57-year-old Ernest Pullen of Bonne, Terre Mo. won $1 million on a scratch ticket back in June. This month, he won $2 million on another ticket. Pullen told the AP he considers himself a "lucky guy."
Actually, now that I think of it, I remember talking to a guy a few years back when I was "in real estate," and he (his name, I recall, was actually "Montgomery") claimed that not only had his father once won a million dollars in the lottery, but had "figured it out."

"What do you mean?" I asked.
"Ooh," Monty self-assuredly nodded, "he knows how to win it whenever he wants."
"The lottery?"
"That's right."
"Then...why doesn't he win all the time?"
"Hmmm," Monty gave me that oh, you know why, don't you? look. To this day, I have no idea what the fuck he was talking about.

1 comment:

Kiko Jones said...

I'm thinking Monty believed that if you somehow figured out how to win, you couldn't get too greedy and risk having the powers that be changing the rules of the game. Which is what happened to a dude who not too long ago figured out how to win on "The Price is Right" only to have the show subsequently change the rules of the final showcase.
http://www.esquire.com/features/impossible/price-is-right-perfect-bid-0810