Thursday, November 04, 2010

Bad

Xmastime ICI:
Also, my first time visiting Graceland had my buddy Ryan videotape myself pretending to piss on the wall outside. Which, of course played well with the guy at the gate, who closed it in my face as I tried to enter. "Piss on this, big guy." Hmm. Did finally get in months later and man, is there anything stranger than this place? You spend n hour walking through, laughing at the sheer 60s-ness and absurdity, making fun of everything then BAM! turn the corner, there's his grave. Dag, you think, can I get a warning?
I thought of this because I just flipped to Rattle & Hum, and Larry Mullen Jr was talking about going to Graceland for the first time:
[Talking about going to Graceland and seeing Elvis' house]
Larry: When I got there I enjoyed it and all but seeing the grave and the eternal flame and all that, it seemed very distant. I wish he hadn't been buried in the, um, in the back yard, I really wish he'd been buried somewhere where I couldn't have gone, I would have felt better, you know.
The shit's jarring. They need a new plan there.

My album by album U2 HERE.

And fuck it, Bad (Live) is prolly still my favorite song of all time.

1 comment:

Kiko Jones said...

It's not my all-time fave--that would be "Maybe I'm Amazed"--but "Bad" is likely my no.1 U2 fave, for sure. Timeless.