Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Rochelle, Rochelle!

I've always loved the fake movie names from Seinfeld - hell, I'm surprised nobody has strung together a series of vignettes with each one based on one of the fake movie names. So I was pleased to see a Seinfeld movie quiz.

Though I'm disappointed Art Vandelay's book Venetian Blinds can't somehow be mentioned.

Boss: Who do you read?
George: I like Mike Lupica.
Boss: Mike Lupica?
George: He's a sports writer for the daily news. I find him very insightful...
Boss: No, no, no. I mean authors.
George: Lot of good ones. I don't even want to mention anyone because I'm afraid I'm going to leave somebody out.
Boss: Name a couple.
George: Who do I like? I, like, uh, Art, Vandelay.
Boss: Art Vandelay?
George: He's an obscure writer. Beatnik, from the village.
Boss: What has he written?
George: Venetian Blinds.

No comments: