Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I Have a Feeling This Is Gonna Be the Theme of the Day

Moi ICI:
No one was better at covers than the Ramones. The first time I tried to get permission to go to a Ramones show, my parents, who had been born in 1576, said "hellz no." A few days later I brought my mother a cassette I had made of all the old songs The Ramones had covered, including Let's Dance, California Sun, Do You Wanna Dance, Needles & Pins, Baby I Love You, Little Bit of Soul, Indian Giver and Palisades Park. This led to my mother thinking "oh, it's an oldies group, great!" and allowing me to go.

Ha!
The Ramones are the greatest cover band of all time, and here's their version of Out of Time, which made my Top 10 Rolling Stones Songs list. Christ, now I'm trying to think of their best cover. Almost impossible. California Sun? Do You Wanna Dance? Indian Giver?

(superslices off their 1994 covers album, Acid Eaters: Journey to the Center of the Earth,  Substitute, Out of Time, My Back Pages, Have You Ever Seen the Rain?, I Can't Control Myself)

No comments: