Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Reading 2011

I while back I mentioned HERE my desire to read Shakespeare for the first time in my pathetic life. Of course I haven't cracked a lick of The Bard (my personal name for him!), but over at Salon THIS GUY lists a series of reading challenges for the year, including a link to a SHAKESPEARE READING CHALLENGE. So maybe I'll get off my duff and do it in the 'leben.

On a side note, for some reason I have found myself reading a bunch of Tennessee Williams plays over the past few months, including Cat On a Hot Tin Roof right now. I must say - has there ever been a book or play that referenced it's own title every single page? Hey, we get it, baby...YOU FEEL LIKE A CAT NO A HOT TIN ROOF!  You don't hafta SAY it every 30 seconds. Christ, no wonder the dickhead from Road House was hitting the bottle so damn hard.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

just started reading "middlemarch" for the first time, skippah! been on my to-do list forever.

fp

ericreiberg said...

If you can hunt up some video of Ashley Judd as Maggie, do it. Her line reading of "like a cat..." is maybe the most shockingly bad thing I've ever heard come out of an actor's mouth. And I dated a bulimic girl who would literally rehearse lines while running back and forth to the bathroom to puke.

Andtheend said...

Well, I think it's gonna be a big hit here in Vienna. For the most part cause sister woman is gonna be amazin' big daddy!

Xmastime said...

reviews are in - youre a staaaaaaaaaaah!! :)