Saturday, January 22, 2011

Soundtracks Has T&R Loved

I've been enjoying Tinsel & Rot's Soundtracks Have I Loved series (he even did Dutch!)

And today he does Good Morning, Vietnam.  This soundtrack is slightly different than some of the others as it does the ol' "throw together a bunch of hits from the era," but it was a helluva an era (Vietnam was, after all, our war with the best soundtrack), so why not.
I just about wore the cassette out in the summer of 1988, playing it on my little boom box in my bedroom on many a summer day in Windham, NY. Luckily, I didn't totally wear it out, so I can still pop it into the last remaining portable cassette player and head back to that summer, and the summers of the 1960s that I missed, whenever I want.
I did fucking completely wear out the cassette tape of this my senior year in my '78 Ford Fiesta, along with Leave Home and Never Mind the Bullocks.  Great movie, great soundtrack!  :)

I also respectfully make my plea again for his critique of Valley Girl  :)

No comments: