Friday, February 04, 2011

It's FootBALL, Not FootOVARY!

TNC writes HERE how happy he was to have a wife who learned to love the game of football:
She said she liked the explanation, and for the rest of that season I did exactly that. Painstakingly explaining formations, penalties and the forward pass. It's tough to pin-point when you truly fall for someone. But I'd say, for me, it was a Sunday when we were coming up 95 and listening to the Bills v. Titans playoff game. When I saw that she "got" why the Music City Miracle was a great play, I was done. This has been a football-crazy house ever since. But the lesson I took was that she probably would have been a football fan all along, if not for the haze of male exclusivity that pervaded the thing. 
On one hand, he's right that more women would be fans if from the time they came outta the womb they weren't told football was a "guy's thing."  I think they can appreciate and enjoy the back and forth flow of a football game as entertainment just fine without feeling like they're missing out on some secret code of manhood they're not privy to. It's just a game, after all.

But most of all, I could give two shits if my gf/wife understands or likes football. I assume we'll have an agreement: she won't understand or care about football, and I won't understand/care about the inner workings of her lady parts.  After all, as I wrote HERE, can't I have something for myself?

No comments: