Sunday, March 06, 2011

Christ, You Know It Ain't Easy

"Christianity will go. It will vanish and shrink. I needn't argue about that; I'm right and I will be proved right. We're more popular than Jesus now; I don't know which will go first-rock 'n' roll or Christianity. Jesus was all right but his disciples were thick and ordinary. It's them twisting it that ruins it for me."  

I missed Friday being the 45th anniversary of John Lennon's "we're bigger than Jesus" remark that later caused the world to go batshit, including the dipshit in Alabama that brought the remark to America's attention, and in an interview below says that Lennon dissing Jesus would be like him dissing the Queen.

Hmm.

I had no idea that Jesus was, in fact, an American.  To that does explain a lot about us.

Anyway, the furor seems foreign to us now, but can you imagine being one of the poindexters who was caught on film in Alabama or Memphis burning Beatles records over this? I mean, there's such a thing as being on the wrong side of history, and then there's BEING ON THE WRONG SIDE OF HISTORY!!!


No comments: