Friday, April 22, 2011

Is It That Time of the Year Already?

Ah yes, the perennial "I wanna wave the Confederate flag at the courthouse!" fight has broken out in, surprise surprise, Georgia:
Commissioners in a central Georgia county have decided to fly the Confederate battle flag 365 days a year at the county courthouse, angering civil rights leaders and sparking the latest round of controversy in a years-long dispute.
I think you should be allowed to do such a thing without taking any shit from anyone if you just admit that the reason you're doing it is that you aren't too crazy about black people, and not any of the usual "I prefer an agrarian economic system," or "I'm a big fan of nullification as legislating policy" nonsense.

If you can simply say “I’m scared of white oppression caused by the existence of other races,” I won’t say a word.  You have the balls to wave that flag around, at least have the balls to be honest about the reason.  I don't tell people I wear my leather fuck-me codpiece because I'm interested in cultivating various concerns vis-a-vis controlling the cow population, I'm brave enough to admit I wear it to get me some of that sweet, sweet stank.

No comments: