Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Is David Brooks An Idiot?

I like David Brooks.  Obviously I don't agree with him politically when it comes to a lot of things, but I respect what he says, and tune in when he's on Charlie Rose.  And then I see his article in today's NY Times, wherein he drops a final, dramatic line that's (I guess) supposed to take our breath away:
The former messiah will have to become a manager.
The "the only reason people back Obama is because of his voodoo!" thinly-veiled insult notwithstanding, the fact is Brooks spent the entire article explaining that Obama is just that: a manager.  A "delegator and convener."  So upon landing on his final line, I really don't see what his entire point was.  If I've read it correctly, Brooks is exasperated that Obama is exactly what Brooks himself declares he needs to be.  Interesting.

No comments: