Friday, July 08, 2011

Jeter Question

The Yankees are rained out even though it isn't raining.  Fucking hell.  I really wanna see Jeter gets his 3000th hit.  Partly because it's a great thing to see, and partly because I want him to get it the fuck over with already.  After all, how special can something really be if he's done it 3,000 times?

The game will be played September 22.  Years ago, some player was going after a some milestone and the same thing happened.  I can't remember who, or what, but I think they said that if the player hit a home run (let's say he's going for a home run milestone) in the make-up game, the way baseball keeps records would dictate that the home run had happened on the original date the game was supposed to be played.  Meaning if Jeter gets 2 hits in the makeup game in September, does that second hit become his 3000th, in some weird time continuum thing?  What if he gets two tomorrow, should we be confused about whether or not to celebrate, since we would then hafta wait to see if he got a hit during the September one?

I don't know if I have any of this correct, but it's something that's on my mind right now.  Well, and titties, but you knew that already (also: buttered white toast.)

1 comment:

Kiko Jones said...

Interestingly, the Rays declined playing a split double header on Saturday and chose to go w/ a date in which both teams were off. I'm actually surprised the home team doesn't get to make the call on this one.