Saturday, July 23, 2011

These Are My People

I remember The Rambler once writing that he’d read the Sunday Times on the train; that way there’s no distractions. I think I might start reading books that way; I’ve read more in the last 4 months than I had in the previous 10 years thanks to logging 3-4 hours on the train each week. Otherwise I get home, pick up a book, and then after about 30 seconds start wondering if I’m missing an important moment of The Real Housewives of Fucking Nonsense, or I start thinking that gee, it’s been 7 minutes since I’ve beaten off, I should prolly “get back to work”, wink wink. Ah well. - XMASTIME
I thought about this yesterday, that a good way to beat the heat would be to grab a book and just ride the train all day.  Turns out the ideas I come up with are also those of homeless drunks:
In Baltimore, Dale Brown, who is homeless, said he was buying a $3.50 day pass to ride the commuter rail system to stay cool — and sober. 
"I'm surprised more homeless people don't do that," he said. "That kills a lot of the day. One more day successful without drinking."

No comments: