Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I Guess a Calorie is a Calorie

...is a calorie:
Nutrition professor Mark Haub, who lost 27 pounds eating mainly Twinkies, powdered donuts and Oreo cookies, is back to an average American diet.

Last fall, Haub shed 13% of his weight over two months restricting his diet to 1,600 calories while eating "junk food." Surprisingly, his cholesterol readings improved and his level of triglycerides, which are a form of fat, decreased. This could have been explained by the decreased consumption of calories.
On a side note, I had a "Smart One" for dinner tonight.  I can't say it was bad, other than it's so small.  Which, I guess, is partly the point.  I would've liked more rice.  And while I know any meal based on having to be on a diet thanks to two decades of eating like an animal is gonna get the "too small complaint," it's not like I'm asking for more sausage on my extra-large deep-fried pizza, just another ounce or so of some tasteless rice in a 330-calorie diet meal.

No comments: