Saturday, September 10, 2011

Okay, I'm Officially Calling Bullshit

on this kamikaze story.

Via GAWKER, we see this Maverick-meets-Ice Man dialogue:
"Lucky, you're coming with me," barked Col. Marc Sasseville.
They were gearing up in the pre-flight life-support area when Sasseville, struggling into his flight suit, met her eye.
"I'm going to go for the cockpit," Sasseville said.
She replied without hesitating.
"I'll take the tail."
It's odd enough they Air Force would ask one person to commit suicide, but TWO? Really?  A bird can knock a plane out; certainly ONE F-16 ramming into it would.  So why would they want two?  You could say well, in case one misses, but it doesn't sound like that's what the plan was.  According to this, both were to hit it at the same time, which is absurd.

Camon.  I know we wanna work ourselves up into a fervor this weekend, but surely there are real stories that are heroic enough; we don't need to go making ones up.

No comments: