Thursday, October 06, 2011

Chasm.

In eulogizing Steve Jobs, Sully says this:
He was the hippie capitalist. He was the fusion of two great American forces - personal actualization and a free market.
This is what I was fucking saying HERE the other day.  There's something in the middle of "cutthroat fuck you government Machiavellian poor people get what they deserve" and "hippy dippy do you see the same blue as I do?  I don't care for money."   It doesn't have to be a zero/sum game.  To tie into today's Beatles theme, I'm reminded of this quote:
“Somebody said to me, ''But the Beatles were anti-materialistic.'' That's a huge myth. John and I literally used to sit down and say, ''Now, let's write a swimming pool.''” - Paul McCartney
Also, didn't George Harrison write Taxman, not Charlie Daniels?

No comments: