Monday, October 31, 2011

Tebowing

So, THIS is happening:
The newest fad surrounding Tim Tebow, “Tebowing,” is defined by the website fueling the craze this way: “to get down on a knee and start praying, even if everyone else around you is doing something completely different.”
After sacking Tebow in the first quarter of Sunday’s Denver-Detroit game, Lions linebacker Stephen Tulloch jumped on the popular meme by showing off his version of “Tebowing”:


As you already know, I am not a Jesus guy.  I don't believe in God, and could care less about any Jesus mumbo-jumbo.  But if some other guy does and wants to take 3 seconds to take a knee while not even remotely interfering with my life, I don't know what the big deal is.  I'm not a member of the God Squad, but I do think there's worse things to be in this world. There's guys in the NFL who have been prosecuted for beating women -  the next time Chris Cook gives up a touchdown, will the receiver go into the stands and beat the shit out of a woman?  Probably not.  Leonard Little killed at least one person while drunk driving, and I don't remember any on-field demonstrations in his face about it.  So let's take it easy on Tebow.

Also, a year from now I'm "guessing" the world will have no recollection of the name Stephen Tulloch, so.

No comments: