Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Swipe for Charity

I don't even wanna know how many times I've tossed my Metrocard when it had an annoying number of change on it like 10 or 15 cents, so I think this is a great fucking idea:
 MetroChange is a proposal for a kiosk that will allow MTA riders to donate the pesky leftover funds on their Metrocards to charity. NYU students Stephan Boltalin, Genevieve Hoffman, and Paul May have imagined a friendly, easy-to-use machine that invites New Yorkers to swipe their Metrocards, press a button, donate their chump change MTA credits, and feel the love of their own big hearts.
"But Xmastime", you say in the voice of Craig “Ironhead” Heyward from those soap commercials (RIP), “That idea isn't nearly as brave, generous and sexy as your own charitable pay it forward idea!!"  Look, maybe it is, maybe it isn't, that's not for me to say - the point it, someone besides me is trying to make the world a slightly better place, so let's at least let them give it a shot.  It can't ALL be about me.







Can it?

No comments: