Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Dishes

Years ago I had a roommate who was a dishes hound - I could leave three dishes in the sink for 20 minutes and he'd be on me "You gonna do those dishes? huh?" Then he'd try to soften things up "hey big fellah, what d'ya say about knocking out those dishes?" And on and on. It didn't matter how few dishes were dirty in the sink (most days it was zero.) Tho I do admit I did relish a bit in how he must've done a slow burn all day while at work, dreading walking into the house and finding something in the sink. The horror!

So I finally solved the problem. Whether I had zero dishes to clean, or one or ten, I would pull clean dishes and pans etc outta the cabinets and just stick 'em in the drying rack. Really pile 'em up. He'd come home and think geez, Xmastime was really knocking the dishes out today! Awesome!!

No comments: