Tuesday, January 24, 2012

SOTU 9:34PM

I kept seeing excerpts of Obama's SOTU from several hours before the speech; I can't stand it when they release the text of speeches before they're even given. I know the president has a team of writers, but can't we all PRETEND it's kinda extemporaneous, that anything can happen? Knowing he's reading what anyone else could've hours beforehand makes a speech less (potentially) inspirational; even LESS organic than we already think it is. The speech feels somehow weaker if I feel like I could go up and read the damn thing and it would make no difference. It should feel like a "speech", not "reading."  At least fool us!

If nothing else, release a fake one. "OHMYGOD - he's gonna talk about invading Chuck E. Cheese???!?!!?"

"Bring it, bitch!" 

No comments: