Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Unfaithful Reader du Jour: Cool Pops!

Xmastime buddy Cool Pops has a great question re: this post:
Alright then, as silly of a category as it is, what would be some of your candidates for said "most important note in the history of American music"? 
One of the first notes that jumps to my mind is the climactic "I neeeed your love" in Unchained Melody.
The Unchained Melody one is a great pick.  Daltrey in Won't Get Fooled Again?  The Sam Cooke one still holds for me. Bono at the end of Bad (Live).  The scream at the beginning of Bastards of Young is a good one.  Almost anything from River Deep, Mountain High.  Intro to A Hard Day's Night? I'll leave it to you music nerds to list a couple more...

Speaking of The Righteous Brothers, the final bridge of this kills it too.

1 comment:

Pops said...

First, you are the greatest, Xmas.

Nice examples. However, I read "...history of American music" and think that would probably eliminate Daltrey, Bono, and The Beatles.

If we can step out of the country, then the first thing that jumps to my mind is Freddie Mercury's brilliance at near the end of "Somebody to Love"