Thursday, April 19, 2012

Eff You, DC!!!

If you walked up to me on the street and asked me what was on my one-item wish list I'd answer "well, I'd like an innovative local channel devoted to presenting British television programming at its best, around the clock, seven days a week and featuring classics, new favorites, and contemporary series currently airing in Britain." Meanwhile, via Mrs. Brothatime!!" I see this about WETA in Washington:
On June 2, WETA Television will launch WETA UK, an innovative local channel devoted to presenting British television programming at its best, around the clock, seven days a week and featuring classics, new favorites, and contemporary series currently airing in Britain. "British programming has long proven popular with our audience on our principal channel WETA TV 26," said Kevin Harris, vice president and television station manager of WETA.  "WETA UK will offer television viewers throughout Greater Washington the opportunity to watch even more of the British drama and comedy that they enjoy.
Motherfuckers...I can only hope one of my five PBS joints up here follows suit.

No comments: