Monday, April 23, 2012

Plans. I Have Them.

No one was better at covers than the Ramones. The first time I tried to get permission to go to a Ramones show, my parents, who had been born in 1576, said "hellz no." A few days later I brought my mother a cassette I had made of all the old songs The Ramones had covered, including Let's Dance, California Sun, Do You Wanna Dance. Needles & Pins, Baby I Love You, Little Bit of Soul, Indian Giver and Palisades Park. This led to my mother thinking "oh, it's an oldies group, great!" and allowing me to go.

Ha! - XMASTIME
My next band will consist of covering cover songs by The Ramones; our setlist will be:
Let's Dance
California Sun
Do You Wanna Dance?
Needles and Pins
Baby I Love You
Little Bit O' Soul
I Need Your Love
Indian Giver
Time Has Come Today
Palisades Park
My Back Pages
Out of Time
I Don't Wanna Grow Up
And, of course, with some lucky lady (Joey's doing my patented #1 finger!):

No comments: