Thursday, May 24, 2012

Spaghetti

Via Grantland:
Don Draper Fingerbang Threat Level: Cold Spaghetti
Megan said she was going to clean it up after he'd finished eating. Finished a plate of cold spaghetti, which she had prepared for him, hoped to eat with him, and sat angrily beside while waiting for a phone call disclosing his whereabouts that never came. But now that he'd dutifully cleaned his plate as they'd sat in mostly tense silence, she'd gone off to bed and left the mess on the floor, a mess of unwanted noodles and shards of porcelain.

"Megan! You want me to clean this up?" No answer. So, yes.
There is only one thing I thought of when I saw this scene: the great Neil Simon!

Oscar Madison
: Now kindly remove that spaghetti from my poker table.
[Felix laughs]
Oscar Madison: The hell's so funny?
Felix Ungar: It's not spaghetti, it's linguini.
Oscar: (picks up plate, walks to kitchen and hurls it against the far wall) Now it's garbage!!
Felix: Are you crazy??...I'm not cleaning that up...It's your mess...Look at it, hanging all over the walls.
Oscar: I like it.
Felix: You'd just let it hang there, wouldn't you? Until it turns hard and brown and...yich...I'm cleaning it up.

No comments: