Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Fuck the Sox, Though

Just one day after being reminded that politicians can be idiots when it comes to expressing their sports fandom a la Hillary Clinton, Obama, an avowed White Sox fan, nails it:
Speaking at a fundraising event at Symphony Hall in Boston last night, President Obama thanked the city for sending third baseman Kevin Youkilis to the White Sox, his hometown baseball team. 
"And finally Boston, I just want to say, thank you for Youkilis," Obama said. "I'm just saying, he's going to have to had to change the color of his Sox, ha, ha, ha, ha." 
The chuckles in the crowd quickly turned to a round of boos for the president. 
"I didn't think I'd get any boos out of here but..." Obama said jokingly to the room of wealthy backers. "I should not have brought up baseball, I understand. My mistake, my mistake. You've got to know your crowd."
That's how you do it. Besides, anyone who changes their presidential vote based on his/her sports team preference is about as clueless as Dwayne picking NFL games based on the color of their helmets.

No comments: