Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Birfday

...to Bob Craver, the Keef of our generation (guitar-wise, not otherwise) Bob love HERE.
I've mentioned my Grammy-winning debut Happy Scene ep several times. The biggest #1 selling hit was The Show (available on the right, click on "The Happy Scene", dumbass.)

Before the ep came out, the song accidentally found itself in the hands of Bob Craver, as in Bob Craver of DT and the Shakes, and he took it upon himself to add some guitar to the song. which, to me at the time, would be like God actually coming down and adding a chapter to the Bible. As I'm (sort of) transcribing some old tapes finally I just came across it.  Enjoy.


Also - a song from those sessions called The Kid Can't Help It. Ironically, on my way up to NYC to record I remember thinking well, if we get nothing else done, let's at least record The Kid Can't Help It. It was the first song we did (over-obviously partly why my singing is beyond more awful than it usually is - you can hear me say "I just start singing?" as if I actually thought there was another way to do it.)

Of course, that ended up being the only song that DIDN'T make it on to the ep. For obvious reasons. It's fairly unlistenable. But fuck it, will always have a special place in encrusted heart.

No comments: