Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Is This a Fucking Joke?

On top of Mamalizza and The Cos, it's also Soul Asylum's Dan Murphy's birfday.  He didn't write a lot of songs, but the ones he did were always killer, including one of their most famous, CartoonCan't Go Back from Made to Be Broken has always been a superslice. - XMASTIME 
Soul Asylum lead guitar player Dan Murphy has apparently quit:
After 31 years of relentless and fulfilling cycles of touring, recording, writing and living in Soul Asylum a band founded by Karl H. Mueller, David Pirner and myself in the late summer of 1982, I have decided that I will no longer be touring or recording with the band, effective immediately. Leaving with great admiration and respect for David Pirner, whom I felt like I grew up with and who provided me and all of you with so many memorable musical moments.
Whhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? This, to me, is a complete shocker. You guys know I've blown up Soul Asylum all these years, hanging in there and championing them after their "real" fans left after they  were heard by more than the four other people that validated your own coolness "sold out" with Grave Dancers Union 20 years ago.

And of course I don't wanna make this all about me, but...I WAS PLANNING ON SEEING THEM IN 11 DAYS!! IN RICHMOND!!!!!  FUUUUUUUCK!!!!!

No comments: