Thursday, October 25, 2012

Surprise: The Knicks Fucking Suck

We at the Nuyo are all about positive messages, so we have a question for the @[21410634615:274:New York Knicks]: why would a major sports franchise cease funding programs for underprivileged student poets, and then launch an ad campaign that mocks those same poets?
I'm not a poetry slam guy, but I hafta agree with my buddy Ada Limon on this one:
I keep trying not to post something about this. It's so dumb, but it's so offensive to us poets. I love sports. I'm watching the World Series right now. But NY Knicks, if your bad marketing campaign is really asking if I'd rather see poets speak about the real big ticket life or death shit that may inspire me, change my outlook, or help me recommit to the world when life is terrible and hard, than watch an overpaid athlete put an orange ball in a basket like it matters...than yes, I will choose poets. I will choose poets and baseball. So there. 

Sigh. YES, assholes, she has always been a Mrs. Xmastime!!!!!

1 comment:

Ada Limón said...

Yes! It's the TRUTH!