Monday, November 05, 2012

Slaves With a Z

Louis CK's Lincoln sketch the other night was great, and you're right to think hey, that sounds almost exactly like something Xmastime wrote a while back, and of course you'd be right:
How funny would it be to write a show about the days right after the slaves were freed?  I mean, you think Larry David walks into some awkward moments - how great would these be?  White people slipping up and momentarily forgetting emancipation had happened, then the white guy who's going over the top, "hey, I was always on YOUR side!" and on and on.  The snob ex-house slave who prefers the white people and wants to stay, etc. Each side with comical characters, constantly bumping into each other.
Louis, just like the NY Times guy earlier, and, I suppose, SNL, I'm flattered you're fans of Xmastime and accept your stealing as an homage to me but please, can you fucking hire a brother? For money?!?!!?


No comments: